Research shows Palm Fruit Extract supports immune health and overall wellness
These publications highlight the scientific information on Palm Fruit Extract
a.k.a oil palm phenolates (OPP) and Palm Fruit Bioactive Complex (PFBc™)
- N. Balasundram, T.Y. Ai, R. Sambanthamurthi, K. Sundram, S. Samman, Antioxidant properties of palm fruit extracts, Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 14(4) (2005) 319-24.
- J. Bolsinger, A. Pronczuk, R. Sambanthamurthi, K.C. Hayes, Anti-diabetic effects of palm fruit juice in the Nile rat (Arvicanthis niloticus), J Nutr Sci 3 (2014) e5.
M.A. Conlon, R. Sambanthamurthi, Y.A. Tan, K. Sundram, S. Fairus, M.Y. Abeywardena, Consumption of an Oil Palm Fruit Extract Promotes Large Bowel Health in Rats, Nutrients 12(3) (2020).
S. Fairus, S.S. Leow, I.N. Mohamed, Y.A. Tan, K. Sundram, R. Sambanthamurthi, A phase I single-blind clinical trial to evaluate the safety of oil palm phenolics (OPP) supplementation in healthy volunteers, Sci Rep 8(1) (2018) 8217.
N. Ibrahim, S. Fairus, I.N. Mohamed, The Effects and Potential Mechanism of Oil Palm Phenolics in Cardiovascular Health: A Review on Current Evidence, Nutrients 12(7) (2020).
C.A.C. Idris, T. Karupaiah, K. Sundram, Y. Tan, N. Balasundram, S.S. Leow, N.S. Nasruddin, R. Sambanthamurthi, Oil palm phenolics and vitamin E reduce atherosclerosis in rabbits, J Functional Foods 7 (2014) 541-550.
- X. Ji, A. Usman, N.H. Razalli, R. Sambanthamurthi, S.V. Gupta, Oil palm phenolics (OPP) inhibit pancreatic cancer cell proliferation via suppression of NF-kappaB pathway, Anticancer Res 35(1) (2015) 97-10
- Sambanthamurthi, R., Tan, Y. A., Sundram, K., Hayes, K. C., Abeywardena, M., Leow, S. S., Sekaran, S. D., Sambandan, T. G., Rha, C., Sinskey, A. J., Subramaniam, K., Fairus, S., & Wahid, M. B. (2011). Positive outcomes of oil palm phenolics on degenerative diseases in animal models. British Journal of Nutrition. 106(11): 1664-1675 DOI: 10.1017/S0007114511002133
- Sambanthamurthi, R., Tan, Y. A., Sundram, K., Abeywardena, M., Sambandan, T. G., Rha, C., Sinskey, A. J., Subramaniam, K., Leow, S. S., Hayes, K. C., & Wahid, M. B. (2011). Oil palm vegetation liquor: A new source of phenolic bioactives. British Journal of Nutrition. 106(11): 1655-1663. DOI: 10.1017/S0007114511002121
- Leow, S. S., Sekaran, S. D., Sundram, K., Tan, Y. A., & Sambanthamurthi, R. (2011). Differential transcriptomic profiles effected by oil palm phenolics indicate novel outcomes. BMC Genomics. 12(432). DOI: 10.1186/1471-2164-12-432
- Leow, S. S., Sekaran, S. D., Sundram, K., Tan, Y. A., & Sambanthamurthi, R. (2013). Oil palm phenolics attenuate changes caused by an atherogenic diet in mice. European Journal of Nutrition. 52(2): 443-456. DOI: 10.1007/s00394-012-0346‑0
S.S. Leow, S.D. Sekaran, K. Sundram, Y. Tan, R. Sambanthamurthi, Gene expression changes in spleens and livers of tumour-bearing mice suggest delayed inflammation and attenuated cachexia in response to oil palm phenolics, J Nutrigenet Nutrigenomics 6(6) (2013) 305-26.
S.S. Leow, S.D. Sekaran, Y. Tan, K. Sundram, R. Sambanthamurthi, Oil palm phenolics confer neuroprotective effects involving cognitive and motor functions in mice, Nutr Neurosci 16(5) (2013) 207-17.
B.S. Lynch, S. West, A. Roberts, Safety evaluation of water-soluble palm fruit bioactives, Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 88 (2017) 96-105.
- A.E. Osborne, J.A. Sanchez, M. Solomon, A. Stopa, L.J. Wangh, R. Sambanthamurthi, K.C. Hayes, Palm Fruit Juice Mitigates AZT Mitochondrial Genotoxicity and Does-Dependent Cytotoxicity, J AIDS & Clin Res 5(12) (2014).
- G.S. Patten, M.Y. Abeywardena, K. Sundram, Y. Tan, R. Sambanthamurthi, Effect of oil palm phenolics on gastrointestinal transit, contractility and motility in the rat, J Functional Foods 17 (2015) 928-937.
- R. Sambanthamurthi, M.H. Ng, Y.M. Choo, Chapter 7 – Bioactive compounds in palm oil, in: A. Rival (Ed.), Achieving sustainable cultivation of oil palm, Burleigh Dodds Science Publishing 2017.
S.D. Sekaran, S.S. Leow, N. Abobaker, K.K. Tee, K. Sundram, R. Sambanthamurthi, M.B. Wahid, Effects of oil palm phenlics on tumor cells in vitro and in vivo, African J Food Science 4(8) (2010) 495-502.
K. Sundram, R. Sambanthamurthi, Y.A. Tan, Palm fruit chemistry and nutrition, Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 12(3) (2003) 355-62.
S.B. Syarifah-Noratiqah, M.S. Zulfarina, S.U. Ahmad, S. Fairus, I. Naina-Mohamed, The Pharmacological Potential of Oil Palm Phenolics (OPP) Individual Components, Int J Med Sci 16(5) (2019) 711-719.
R.P. Weinberg, V.V. Koledova, K. Schneider, T.G. Sambandan, A. Grayson, G. Zeidman, A. Artamonova, R. Sambanthamurthi, S. Fairus, A.J. Sinskey, C. Rha, Palm Fruit Bioactives modulate human astrocyte activity in vitro altering the cytokine secretome reducing levels of TNFalpha, RANTES and IP-10, Sci Rep 8(1) (2018) 16423.
Leow, S. S., Luu, A., Shrestha, S., Hayes, K.C., Sambanthamurthi, R. Drosophila larvae fed palm fruit juice (PFJ) delay pupation via expression regulation of hormetic stress response genes linked to ageing and longevity
- Leow, S.S., Bolsinger, J., Pronczuk, A., Hayes, K.C., Sambanthamurthi, R., 2016. Hepatic transcriptome implications for palm fruit juice deterrence of type 2 diabetes mellitus in young male Nile rats, Genes Nutr. 11, 29. DOI: 10.1186/s12263-016-0545-z
- Weinberg R.P., Koledova V.V., Shin h., et al., Oil Palm Phenolics Inhibit the In Vitro Aggregation of -Amyloid Peptide into Oligomeric Complexes, International Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, vol. 2018, Article ID 7608038, 12 pages, 2018.
- R.P. Weinberg, V.V. Koledova, A. Subramaniam, K. Schneider, A. Artamonova, R. Sambanthamurthi, K.C. Hayes, A.J. Sinskey, C. Rha, Palm Fruit Bioactives augment expression of Tyrosine Hydroxylase in the Nile Grass Rat basal ganglia and alter the colonic microbiome, Sci Rep 9(1) (2019) 18625.
The manufacturing and production of PFBc™ is protected by over 25 internationally filed and issued patents.
The patent estate covers the manufacturing process for PFBc™, composition of matter for antioxidant compounds and various methods of use.